Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ack, Scent You Ate the Poser.tiff

Hi there. I'm just typing away like a good little monkey should. Today's post is not clever, so if that's what turns your metaphorical crank, piss-off and go read another malcontent's life story.

Last weekend I played the guitar in a bar in front of living, breathing people for the first time in over seven years. It was cathartic. I needed a release. I heard from a few people that they liked it. It made me smile. I didn't play a perfect set, but I don't really think I've ever done that. I f*cked up a few times here and there, but no one mentionned it. The songs that were on, were really on, and that's what people talked up.

So as I think about the ridiculous crap I've been going through lately, I am inclined today to adhere to this; Quit obsessing about the messed up stuff, and concentrate on the things that were really on.

Last night, I talked to a guy who saw me play that night. I'm booked for a disaster relief benefit on October 2nd. Really on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Good for you JR....I wish I could be there to see it.

That's some good advice you gave yourself....are you going to be able to keep it?

9:42 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

You are swell!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home