Friday, November 09, 2007

Enthusiasmic Lapses

Piles of work. Piles of problems. I am at no means at rock bottom, but still, the juices flow better at some times than at others. I know I probably just need a little sleep, but figured I better blog to remind myself I have one,

The job has me in a funk. How do people do it? I have a theory which a video on YouTube beared out for me last week. There's a Canadian artist named Bobby Chui (look him up). His digital paintings are really good. If you go to YouTube and look him up, you'll be impressed by the work, but the funny thing about this guy is that his videos are not about digital painting. Sure, he busts out a great piece by the end of the vid, but the narrative is what keeps me watching.

He never really talks about what he is doing. He never really gives you clues about his technique. What he does do is talk generally about being focused, driven and creative. You'll feel like you just came out of a personal pep rally.

One of his posts talked about a guy who had a very unfulfilling job in the creative field. This guy's job just sucked. He began to forget why he got into art. THIS I can identify with! If you sit at work all day long, creating for someone else, by the time you get home, the last thing you want to do is something artsy. It is so true. You use it up. I'm at the short end of the creative stick tonight, but tomorrow is another day. I want to get up early to see if the old "Sleep on it" still works.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger stinkypaw said...

love your labels! ;-)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home