Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Air is Crispy...

Fall is here and without further delay we must all prepare for the inevitablility of the coming snow. That is why I have decided to insulate my body this winter.

I have made a pair of pants out of Owens-Corning® FiberGlass Insulation. They are a bit itchy, but boy, are they toasty! I figure if I am able to scratch myself with a bent coat hanger when and where needed, I should be able to endure the scratchiness and continue to wear them into at least February.

I found a fleece shirt at the local Old Navy® that I have modified to help me maintain a constant body temperature in the cold months to come. I have stuffed the sleeves with 6 cans GreatStuff® to retard any arm drafts. I have also caulked the sleeve cuffs to my wrists to create an air-tight seal. The body of the shirt has been vinyl-sided with an attactive faux clapboard.

My socks have been wired with heating coil which I run on a portable generator. My gloves are heated by a methane boiler I've built in an old fanny pack.

I have yet to find a hat and boots, but I know this week there is a sale on ducttape at the HomeDepot®

2 Comments:

Blogger PreppyGirl said...

You should really look into some compensation for all that ad placement.

Sounds itchy but warm. Good luck ya freak.

9:25 AM  
Blogger princess slea said...

I was not slamming your props. It was a genuine compliment.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home