Monday, August 27, 2007

Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend...



Saturday was a laborious and triumphant day. A painting that I have working on for months finally reached completion. It was pretty big. I think it was around 4 x 7'! A woman with a summer place in Sliver Creek on Lake Erie "commisioned" me to do it. I finally got a chance to complete the thing. Not my usual subject matter... people on a beach watching sailboats, but I enjoyed doing it, (much more than I thought I would). I came out good.

It rained for a good portion of the afternoon. I was stuck in the basement, finishing the afore mentioned project. I loaded the finished peice into the caravan (had to take all of the seats out) and pretty much just hung out, watched movies and got cell pictures from a friend at a bachelorette party.

Sunday came and I made a morning drive to Silver Creek. Silver Creek is in the north of Chautauqua County. It is beautiful. Grapes everywhere and Lake Erie. I dropped off the painting and was home by noon.

Chloe and I went to see the Simpsons Movie, AGAIN. I have created a monster. After that we visited one of the local natural wonders. Panama Rocks is about 15 minutes away from our doorstep, but it's one of those places you always forget is there. During the last Ice Age, giant glaciers dropped these friggin' huge rocks all over the place. It's so different from the rest of the surrounding terrain. You feel like you're in some strange low-budget jungle movie or "Lord of the Rings" rip-off.

We climbed all over the place and hiked around the trails. Then we went to miniature golf. It was a good day.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Did you notice the faerie peering from behind the rock in the first picture? Maybe it's a trick of the eye...

4:51 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

She is just too cute!

5:38 PM  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Cute chicklet you've got!

Did you take a picture of that "commisioned" painting? If so, please, post for us to see!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home