Sunday, February 03, 2008

Acorns and Where to Find Them...


My little girl was chasing the cats around the house the other day, when she said the phrase, "Kitty come back!" about 20 times. It stuck in my head.

It reminded me instantly of an old Little River Band song. I was 7 years old again, laying on the orange carpeting my father had glued into the back of our black pickup. The sliding window between the cab and the capped truck bed was open so my sister and I could hear the 8-track player... "Baby come back, Any kind of fool could see, there was something in everything about you..."

I looked at my daughter. I sang, "Kitty come back, you can blame it all on me, I was wrong and I just can't live without you." She has no idea what I am talking about. She starts singing it. She sits down. She busts out the crayons. She draws this. I love it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should get that tattooed.

7:12 AM  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Too cute!

9:56 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Don't call it a comeback!

I loved that truck - and that 8track.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home