Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Fun...


I have been watching a ton of videos on YouTube on digital painting and decided it was time to relent and try it. If you have ever tried to "paint" in Photoshop with a mouse, the results can be very frustrating and basically bad.

I started watching a lot of Bobby Chiu videos. I have mentioned him in my blog posts before. Bobby is a Toronto artist whose Zen like video narrating style can inspire almost any artist. I am thinking about taking an online course in digital painting from him at schoolism.com... check him out.

However, if you have a graphics tablet I encourage you to give it a try. I was surprised at the very painterly results and played for hours. This is my first stab at a digital painting. Call it a sketch...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

That definitely is different from what you have posted in the past. The larger-view of the image seems to show "sketch marks"? Is it just me? Looking forward to seeing other sketch/paintings as you learn.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home