Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Transfer

Interaction. When I say that word, what does it make you think about? This week, I am craving some interaction. I love interaction. Creative interaction is one of the best interactions. Almost any interaction beats Inaction. But I think, in the face of inaction, we slump into negative interaction. I have been guilty of this.

Negative interaction can be a shared experience. Some people call it commiserating. It does nothing but make you realize that other people's lives suck too. Negative interaction can also take the form of a rant. You might think that a rant is interaction. It can be, but sometimes it's more like a Commiseration Grenade. Criticism thrown out for the world to hear or read does eventually lead to interaction in the form or commiseration or disagreement. I guess ranting is a way to blow off steam, but that's all it is. It's just a regulator. After letting off all of that extra steam, it's up to the ranter to step back and take a hard look at the situation. I have done this. Sometimes you need that extra time to decide whether to plot a new course, or just leave it.

I think true resolutions and progress can only be achieved through interaction. It ain't always pretty, but I think hermits only get more "hermitty" the longer they hide away... this is where grouchy old farts come from. I am on the wrong bus.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home